Sally Morgan’s latest book is The Healthy Vegetable Garden published by Chelsea Green Publishing. It publishes on 2 September and is available for order now.
In The Healthy Vegetable Garden, organic gardener Sally Morgan explains how to use natural approaches to cope with the challenges of pests and disease using principles from regenerative gardening, agroecology, and permaculture.
The Healthy Vegetable Garden shows you how to:
- Combat disease and keep pests at bay with natural predators, companion planting, and trap and barrier crops
- Choose the right plants to attract pollinators and pest predators
- Build a healthy soil full of organic matter, earthworms, and mycorrhizal fungi
- Regenerate soil through no-dig practices, composting, cover crops, and mulching
- Boost biodiversity through the use of crop rotations and polyculture
- Rewild your garden by creating a range of habitats, making use of walls and fences, log piles, water features, and wild corners
- Understand plant defences and use biocontrols
- Create natural barriers, traps, and lures
A healthy, productive garden should work in harmony with nature to produce delicious fruits and vegetables and build a rich soil that is full of life. With The Healthy Vegetable Garden, growers of all levels will start reducing incidents of pests and diseases while creating a verdant habitat— all achieved through organic methods without the artificial fertilizers and pesticides.
Publishes 2 September, 224 pages Publisher Chelsea Green ISBN 9781645020646
Buy your signed copy of the book for just £17, which includes a free packet of flower seeds for the veg plot and post and packaging for UK addresses only.
Please note we cannot post the book overseas.